Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who's right is it anyway??

Ok, so, this is not a political blog spot I promise! I assure you, it is mere coincidince that my first entry is politic related.  Politics are simply in the forefront of my mind lately as I think they should be considering our country is facing what seems to me to be one of the biggest "fork in the road" elections of all time.  Each cadidate, worlds apart from each other on every aspect with opposing values and ideas when it come to what make America a great country consequently making both candidates out to protect very opposing sets of rights.
Speaking of "Rights" Does anyone even know what they are and who the hell they belong to? I haven been really struck lately by the contradictory nature of it all...below are some examples I wanted to share that never cease to blow me away. I also included some links that I have come across and found very informative.


Schools in Massachussets have the "right" to teach children about homosexual relationships, but the parents of those children do not have the "right" to choose to opt their children out of that exposure...not even on the grounds of their "religeous rights"


Homosexuals pursue the right to adopt and start a family, While many believe that a child should have every "right" to the normalcy of a nuclear family with a father and mother as male and female.

A teenage girl has the "right" to go and get an abortion without parental consent, but does not have the "right" to get her ears peirced without a guardian present.

Katie Perry  has excercises her "right" to tell my children on the radio with her top of the charts hit, that she kissed a girl and she liked it and that "its no big deal its innocent", but my child no longer has the "right" to tell someone about Jesus at school.  

Your School nurse has the "right" to counsel your daughter to consider abortion, an experience that will impact her life forever and may result in severe medical complications. She does not have the "right" to give your daughter Tylenol for a headache

A burglar has the "right" to break into my house while I am on vacation, get trapped in my garage forced to eat dog food to survive, and then file a law suit against me for his traumatic experience- and win!
I don't have the "right" to shoot the bastard!

A  woman clutches to  the "right to choose" while the unborne's "rights to live" slip through their perfectly formed little fingers. 



More to come....please share some of YOUR mind blowers!

6 comments:

Lisa Mistiuk said...

Hi there! Great analysis! I'm really glad someone is putting something together straightforward and sensible like this.
Sing on!!!!!

Wendolyn Rose said...

Thanks Lisa!

Jeremiah said...

Good articles babe!

Christina Koehn said...

Wendy, Lisa shared this with me and I'm glad she did... things are indeed upside-down, and I hope it makes a difference to share information with people who would otherwise make poor choices just because they were uniformed.

Anonymous said...

I miss you and the political discussions that our multicultural class had a few years back!! Our world is so backwards now, and it stinks to be in the minority. :( Thanks for having guts to post something like this!
-Candee

The Heart Of Sophia said...

i really enjoy reading what is on your heart, sister!! i love you! you are a great writer!!!!